Basic instructions on how to use and access ARTstor. Digital images supporting art and design as well as music, dance and theater history.
Last Updated: Jul 7, 2015
from the The Walters Art Museum 52.173 accessed via ARTstor
Register for an ARTstor account
- Access the ARTstor digital library.
- When you click on the link above, you will be taken to the Libray's Research Databases page where there is a link to ARTstor. Click on it to be taken to ARTstor.
In the Log In area at the upper right side of the screen, click Register
A registration form will appear. Enter a valid email address, password, your role at your institution, and the academic department you are affiliated with. DO NOT use symbols (e.g., ? /\ <>+ # %) or diacritics (e.g., é å ï ñ ô).
You will automatically be logged in to your new account. The Log In area will change to display a welcome message and your email address.
- Do it this way so you will be taken via our proxy server.
Unlock a password-protected folder created by your instructor
- Log in to your ARTstor account.
- In the ARTstor navigation bar, click Find > Unlock password-protected folder.
- A new window will appear. Enter your first name, last name, and the password provided by the folder creator.
- Click Submit.
- A confirmation message will display the name of the folder you have unlocked as well as what type of access you have been granted (Read or Write Access).
- Now that you are registered to the folder, you will be able to open and view its contents the same you would any other folder.
~from ARTstor help http://help.artstor.org/wiki/index.php/Register_for_an_ARTstor_account#Unlock_a_password-protected_folder